Recipe by Ms.Liza
I got this recipe from a health freak friend of mine. It's soooo easy and soooo good. All it takes is one pot. Not a lot of mess or cleaning afterwards.
Top Review by Petite Mommy
This is very good for so little ingredients. I am not sure how close this is to gumbo because I have never tried it. But, my picky family asked to have it again. I always simmer with two bay leaves and a pinch or two of thyme. Also, I alternate using minute rice (absorbs most of the liquid) and pre-cooked rice. Pre-cooking the rice makes it similar to a juicy soup. This is a wonderful way to incorporate a healthy meal without your family knowing! (smile) Recommended!
- 1 package sausage (I use Smoked sausage)
- 1 can corn
- 1 can stewed tomatoes (I use DelMonte with mexican seasonings)
- 2 cups Minute Rice
- 1 can chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon (you can substitute water/bouillon with another can of chicken broth, Bouillon gives a better flavor.)
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry the sausage in its own juices with 1/2 cup water until water is evaporated.
- Add all the ingredients to the sausage EXCEPT rice.
- Let boil and reduce heat to medium for about 10 min.
- Turn off and add rice.
- Cover and let sit for 10 more minutes.
- It's healthy and soooo good.