Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Friends gave us some avocados from their backyard tree. We are trying to eat more tofu so I came up with this recipe. We like it as a dip with raw veggies, but you could probably also use it with tortilla chips.
- 1 avocado
- 14 ounces soft tofu
- 4 -5 cloves garlic, put thru garlic press
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- Cut the avocado in half, remove pit and scrape the pulp from the skin into food processor.
- Add lemon juice.
- Process till smooth.
- Squeeze the water from the tofu using paper towels.
- Break up the tofu and add to the avocado mixture.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Process again till smooth.
When I made this I tried to double the recipe and it turned out awful--I don't know what I did wrong but it tasted horrible. I threw out the whole thing--hubby agreed and he can usually stomach anything!
I added a bit of homemade tomato sauce (but you could also use some salsa) and added a good pinch of hot peppers. Perfect with veggies and chips. Thanks!