Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a favorite at home! This is made using regular ground chicken. If using lean ground chicken or turkey, add an egg or two for moisture.
- 453.59 g regular ground chicken
- 236.59 ml cooked brown rice, cooled
- 236.59 ml uncooked oatmeal or 236.59 ml uncooked oatmeal, with flax seed and wheat bran combination
- 59.14 ml barbecue sauce
- 2.46 ml sea salt
- 2.46 ml garlic powder
- 1.23 ml pepper
- Place ground chicken in a large bowl. Add remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly by hand. Refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Form into 5-6 patties and cook on George Foreman grill or outside grill until done.
- Serve on big, whole wheat buns with your favorite vegetable toppings and condiments with extra bbq sauce and melted cheese on top!
My husband always complains when I "fiddle" with a recipe before trying it, so I followed this one exactly. Sorry but if I make this again I'll be "fiddling". The texture and consistency were fine when using ground chicken, but I thought it lacked in the flavour department (I used Bullseye BBQ sauce). If I make them again I think I'd add sage or tarragon and more garlic.
These were really easy and a good way to use up leftover rice. I used turkey and added one egg. I got 6 patties. I might add a bit more BBQ sauce next time. I just got my large Forman grill, and these worked great on it. Made for Fall 2007 PAC.
Yummy! I went to our supermarket but they were out of ground chicken. So I grounded some chicken breast but I think I should of grounded chicken thighs as burgers were a little dry. However the flavour was really yummy and I like the fact they were healthy. Thank you LambieCooks