Recipe by LambieCooks
This is a favorite at home! This is made using regular ground chicken. If using lean ground chicken or turkey, add an egg or two for moisture.
Top Review by Hedda Lettuce in Ontario
My husband always complains when I "fiddle" with a recipe before trying it, so I followed this one exactly. Sorry but if I make this again I'll be "fiddling". The texture and consistency were fine when using ground chicken, but I thought it lacked in the flavour department (I used Bullseye BBQ sauce). If I make them again I think I'd add sage or tarragon and more garlic.
- 1 lb regular ground chicken
- 1 cup cooked brown rice, cooled
- 1 cup uncooked oatmeal or 1 cup uncooked oatmeal, with flax seed and wheat bran combination
- 1⁄4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place ground chicken in a large bowl. Add remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly by hand. Refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Form into 5-6 patties and cook on George Foreman grill or outside grill until done.
- Serve on big, whole wheat buns with your favorite vegetable toppings and condiments with extra bbq sauce and melted cheese on top!