Recipe by Bec
Serve hot over noodles or rice. From "Cooking a la Heart"- Delicious Heart Healthy Recipes from the Mankato Heart Health Program, 1988. You can also simmer in a Dutch oven for about 1 hour or bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour if you are short on time!
Top Review by LARavenscroft
Great dish. I did make it on top of the stove as I don't generally use my crock pot because I'm gone from home longer than 10 hours a day during the work week. Other than cooking it on top of the stove the other change that I made was to use onions instead of mushrooms (I'm allergic to them). Served over noodles with green beans. Thanks for posting this Bec! Made for Healthy Choices ABC Tag.
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 teaspoons low-sodium beef bouillon powder
- 1 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 cups plain low-fat yogurt
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown meat in skillet; drain fat.
- Add onions, garlic and mushrooms and saute until onion is golden- Place in crock pot.
- Dissolve bouillon granules in water.
- Mix together yogurt and flour.
- Add bouillon, yogurt, tomato paste, salt and pepper to crock pot.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours.