Prep 10 mins
Cook 27 mins
Make sure you keep the skins on so the potatoes stay intact on the grill. Can be prepared in advance (step 1-2) and kept at room temperature for 4 hours or refrigerate for up to 8 hours. Serve with a quick mix of sour cream (I use fat-free), chives, and bacon bits (try turkey bacon!) If you're not on low-carb...add some brown sugar!
- 6 large sweet potatoes
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- sea salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- cayenne pepper, to taste
- sugar substitute, to taste (Splenda)
- Put potatoes in cold water with 2 Tbs. salt. Bring to boil over medium-high heat. Cook until tender when pierced with knife but still firm (about 25 mins). Drain.
- When cool enough to handle, cut lengthwise into 8 slices.
- Heat grill to high.
- Brush potatoes with oil. Season.
- Grill until golden brown and cook through (about 2-3 minutes).
- Dust w/ Spenda (and brown sugar, if desired). Serve hot.
These were great. I didn't add any sugar (especially not sugar sub- ick, poison) but otherwise followed directions. Simple way to keep the oven off in the summer.