Recipe by KitchenManiac
A little dish I created a couple of years back. Extremely healthy. The fish turns out really moist, and the juice is out of this world. I usually add a little more garlic, but I am CRAZY about garlic. Has become such a staple with my family that it is requested for at least once a month. Don't worry about adding any salt, I personally feel that it isn't needed. The herbs and juices mixed together makes it all natural and tasty enough. But if you feel some salt is lacking, just sprinkle a little before digging in. ENJOY!
Top Review by Charishma_Ramchandani
This must be the "BEST" grilled fish till date that I've ever made. I made this the same day it was posted! I used 250gms of King Fish(cut into bite-sized pieces), 1 small tomato(peeled and finely chopped), 1 clove garlic(peeled and finely chopped), 1 small onion (peeled and chopped), 1 inch ginger(paste of), a generous pinch of black pepper, juice of one orange(freshly squeezed- thanks to my Citrus juicer!), juice of 1 lemon, 1/4 tbsp. oregano, 1/4 tbsp. basil, 1 tsp. oil, a pinch of red food colour, 1/2 tsp. turmeric powder, 3/4 tsp. red chilli powder and 1 1/4 tsps. salt. I grilled the fish at 250C for 30 minutes and once done, I allowed the fish to sit in the grill for another 15 minutes. My brother who had come home tired from his hardware class, gobbled this down in 10 minutes and was so pleased with his lunch. He enjoyed this with hot rotis and white rice. My mom suggests serving this with naan as well, besides rice and rotis. Thank U so much for this excellent recipe. Will repeat it as often as I can. A thousand thanks for sharing this healthy-grilled-herbed fish.
- 1 fish fillet (firm)
- 1⁄2 ripe tomatoes, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic (Finely Chopped)
- 1⁄4 white onion (Ringed)
- 1 teaspoon ginger juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 tablespoon oregano
- 1⁄2 tablespoon basil
- sprinkle cracked black pepper
- 1⁄4 orange
- 1⁄4 lemon
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut a piece of tin foil big enough to wrap round the fish twice.
- Brush the middle portion of foil with olive oil.
- (Where the fish will sit on top) Place the fish fillet on top of the greased foil.
- Rub ginger juice into fish.
- Sprinkle a pinch of pepper on top of fillet.
- Spread the Oregano and Basil evenly over the top of fillet.
- Sprinkle the finely chopped garlic over the top of herbs.
- Rest the tomato slices on top.
- Arrange the Onion rings over the fillet.
- Squeeze the juice of both the orange and the lemon over the whole fillet.
- Grate the zest of both the orange and lemon on the top.
- Wrap up the fish with all the ingredients in the foil.
- Place the envelope in the grill and grill at 400F for 20 minutes.
- Turn the grill off and let it sit in the grill for another 10 minutes.
- Remove the envelope, cut an "X" on the top, place on plate and serve.