Chef #263148's Note:
A delicious, quick, and easy meal that will impress your guests and yourself!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 wheat bun (I use Merita Light Wheat Buns, they're 80 calories and delicious)
- 4 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 lemon, juice of
- fresh rosemary (1-2 sticks is plenty)
- non-stick olive oil flavored cooking spray (I use PAM, but any kind will do...you also don't have to use the olive oil kind, just non-stick spra)
- 2 ounces red peppers
- 1 1/2 ounces red onions (one big slice)
- 1 ounce goat cheese (any kind, I made this with only .5 oz goat cheese last night and it was still delicious and 40 calor)
- shredded lettuce
- 1 teaspoon Grey Poupon Dijon Mustard
- 1Spray chicken breast with non-stick cooking spray on each side (I use PAM extra virgin olive oil, but any kind will do).
- 2Squeeze about 1/4 of a lemon over each side of the chicken breast.
- 3Wash and chop fresh rosemary and sprinkle about HALF of the amount you have over the entire chicken breast.
- 4Salt, pepper, and paprika both sides of the chicken (just a pinch of salt, a good amount of pepper, and enough paprika to give your chicken breast some beautiful red color).
- 5Keep the red onion in its circular shape if you can (it's easiest for grilling in that shape) and slice the red pepper into pieces no bigger than the palm of your hand.
- 6Spray red onion and red pepper with olive oil spray
- 7Put chicken breast, red onion, and red pepper on grill and cook until chicken breast is no longer pink on the inside (I like to butterfly my chicken breast, which means that after the chicken has cooked on both sides for about 4-5 minutes, you give it a slice down the side, open it up, and put the inside back on the grill. You don't have to slice the entire chicken, I usually just try to open up the thickest part of the chicken, which is sometimes still pink, and make sure that part gets put directly on the grill).
- 8When the chicken starts looking like it only needs a few more minutes, add the splash the other 1/4 of the lemon and sprinkle the remaining rosemary on both sides (rosemary needs to be cooked for at least a minute or so, so make sure that wherever you put the rosemary gets grilled up a little bit).
- 9The chicken should take around 10 minutes, depending on how thick it is.
- 10Flip the red pepper and red onion when they start to get some darker grill marks (you want to make sure that they are nicely cooked, but not charred black). They shouldn't take longer than your chicken breast to cook.
- 11Toast your wheat bun (either throw it on the grill for a minute or warm it up in the toaster oven until it starts to brown.
- 12Spread the goat cheese on the warm bun.
- 13Spread the dijon on the other side of the bun
- 14Slice your grilled red pepper and onion into strips.
- 15Top the bun with red pepper, onion, chicken breast, and shredded lettuce.
- 17*I ate this last night with a side of Harvest Cheddar Sun Chips (which was a great combination), but for guests, I would recommend either a homemade light pasta salad or oven baked sweet potato steak fries to go with this dish!*.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Healthy Grilled Chicken, Red Pepper, and Goat Cheese Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (557 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 390.5
- Calories from Fat 108
- Total Fat 12.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 88.1 mg
- Sodium 484.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 8.4 g
- Protein 37.6 g