Recipe by Brooke's Kitchen
This is an Ellie Krieger recipe and a healthy favorite at my house. I particularly like it with French Green Beans. I normally increase amount of Dijon mustard and red wine vinegar, as I like more dressing.
- 1⁄2 lb green beans, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons walnuts, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons red onions, chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a large pot of water with a streamer basket to a boil, add green beans and steam for about 4 minutes. Transfer to a serving bowl.
- Toast the walnuts in a small, dry skillet over medium heat until they become fragrant, about 2 minutes, and then transfer them to a small bowl to cool. Add the parsley and onion to the walnuts and stir to combine.
- In another small bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar and mustard. Toss the dressing with the green beats, top with the walnut mixture and season with salt and pepper. Serve warm or at room temperature.