Recipe by thatgirl78
I wanted a healthier alternative to the traditional cream of mushroom soup recipe, but the reduced-fat, low sodium soup is not as tasty. Double onion flavor! You can add fresh chopped mushrooms to the sauce if you desire.
- 16 ounces frozen French-cut green beans
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup French's French fried onions
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook green beans in microwave safe casserole dish for 10 minutes on high power, covered.
- Melt butter in sauce pan over medium heat.
- Add flour and cook 1 minute until a light golden brown color.
- Add chicken broth and whisk constantly until no lumps appear and thickened.
- Whisk in milk.
- Cook until mixture is thick.
- Stir in French's onions and onion flakes.
- Pour sauce over green beans in casserole dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.