Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 453.59 g frozen green beans or 453.59 g fresh green beans
- 297.66 g can low-sodium cream of mushroom soup or 297.66 g can reduced-fat cream of mushroom soup
- 177.44 ml skim milk
- 1 large onion
- salt substitute
- cooking spray
- For fresh green beans clean trim and cut.
- Add some water to a pan and cook beans until almost tender while they are cooking make the frazzled onions.
- Peel onion and cut in half slice very thin.
- Spread out and salt them let set 1 minute but no longer.
- Put some flour in a bag add onions and shake until they are all coated shake off excess spray skillet add onions and spray them also cook turning frequently until brown and crisp.
- Drain green beans and mix with the soup, milk, pepper and half of the crisp onions. Bake at 350°F for about 10 minutes then top with the rest of the onions and cook another 5 minutes.
I personally thank you for this help,i get worried every thanks giving about how much I have to cut down or give up,this recipe is a great help.Thank you.I am saving it to my menu.
Wow! This is delicious. The "frazzled onions" really taste like the real thing. My husband couldn't tell the difference between this and the original-style recipe. I am very impressed, and am serving this at Easter dinner this year. Thanks!