1/2 Photos of Healthy Greek Pizza
This is a very healthy Greek Pizza. Feel free to add some chopped raw shrimp, it adds a nice flavor. Makes One 15-Inch Or Two 9-Inch Pizzas
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- salt and pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 bunch spinach, stems removed and leaves washed, 8 to 10 cups
- 1 teaspoon minced lemon zest
- 1 pizza dough, ready to rollout
- 2 tablespoons garlic oil
- 6 kalamata olives, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 3 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 lb mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1/2 ounce parmesan cheese, grated, about 3 tablespoons
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1Heat 2 tablespoon of the olive oil in a saute pan. Add the red onion, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and a few pinches of pepper; saute over medium heat for 4 to 5 minutes, until tender. Add half of the garlic and saute for i minute. Transfer to a bowl.
- 2Heat 2 tablespoon of olive oil in the pan. Wilt the spinach over high heat with 1/4 teaspoon salt, a few pinches of pepper, and the remaining garlic. When the spinach is wilted but still bright green, in about i minute, remove it from the pan and place it in a strainer to cool. Squeeze out the excess moisture with your hands, then coarsely chop and toss with the lemon zest.
- 3Preheat oven to 500°F.
- 4Roll out the dough and place it on a lightly oiled pizza pan or well-floured wooden peel; brush with the Garlic Oil. Spread the onion on the dough, followed by the spinach. Sprinkle the olives over the spinach, follow with the crumbled feta, then add the mozzarella cheese.
- 5Bake the pizza, in the pan or on a preheated pizza stone, for 8 to 12 minutes, until the crust is golden and crisp.
- 6Remove it from the oven and sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese and fresh rosemary.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Healthy Greek Pizza
Serving Size: 1 (175 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 314.7
- Calories from Fat 240
- Total Fat 26.7 g
- Saturated Fat 9.7 g
- Cholesterol 45.6 mg
- Sodium 601.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 13.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: