Recipe by niki1cole
This came from the back of Post Grape-Nuts cereal box, but to make them healthier, flax seed and applesauce were substituted for the margarine.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup ground flax seeds
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups Post Grape-Nuts cereal
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup dried cranberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Mix flour and backing soda in small bowl.
- In separate bowl, mix applesauce and flax seed.
- Gradually add sugars, beat until well mixed.
- Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Gradually add flour mixture, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in oats, cereal and cranberries.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 8 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool 1 minute, remove from cookie sheets.
- Cool completely on wire racks.