Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is an adaptation of a basic granola bar recipe that I have been tweaking to be more healthy, and I was curious what the nutrition facts are after my changes. ;o) You can change the almonds to any nut, and the blueberries to any dried fruit or chocolate or candy, whatever you like in granola.
- 1. Preheat oven to 350° and lightly grease or spray a 9 * 13 pan.
- 2. In large bowl, beat brown sugar, cane sugar, and butter until light and fluffy.
- 3. Blend in honey, vanilla, and egg.
- 4. In separate bowl, combine flour, almond meal, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt.
- 5. Add flour mixture gradually to sugar mixture and beat until combined.
- 6. By hand, stir in cereal, almonds (or other), chocolate chips (or other), and oats until well mixed.
- 7. Press mixture firmly in the bottom of the greased pan, and bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes until LIGHT golden brown. Do not leave in too long or the edges will crisp.
- 8. Cool and cut into bars or squares.