Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
adapted from another granola bar recipe, #317160, to fit my alterations
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄4 cup milled flax seed
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 3⁄4 cup corn flakes, like honey oat crunch
- 3⁄4 cup hemp granola cereal or 3⁄4 cup other granola cereal
- 1 1⁄4 cups old fashioned oats
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup wheat germ
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened dried shredded coconut
- 1⁄4 cup millet
- 1⁄4 cup golden flax seed
- 1⁄3 cup peanut butter chips or 1⁄3 cup chocolate chips or 1⁄2 cup dried berries
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans or 1⁄2 other nuts
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- preheat oven to 325 degrees farenheit.
- mix vanilla extract, applesauce, milled flax seeds, honey, and molasses in a bowl.
- in another larger bowl, mix rest of the ingredients.
- add wet ingredients to dry ingredients. all dry ingredients should clump together.
- lightly grease a 9x13 inch pan.
- pat batter into pan.
- bake for 20 minutes.
- remove from oven and allow to cool 10 minutes.
- cut and then allow to cool completely in pan before removing.