Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
I found this recipe when I was looking for one without all that oil, and to make it stick together better, this recipe uses egg white! I made it, it turned out great, so I thought I should share it with you folks :)
- 6 cups rolled oats
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄3 cup honey or 1⁄3 cup molasses or 1⁄3 cup maple syrup
- 3 egg whites
- 1 cup dried fruit, chopped
- In large bowl mix oats, cinnamon and ginger. In separate bowl, mix sugar and egg whites until combined.
- Add to oats and mix.
- Loosely pat into large non-stick cookie sheet at bake at 300 for 30-40.
- minutes, stirring after 20 minutes.This mixture tends to get very.
- dark, so adjust time to your taste.
- When done, let granola cool before adding fruit.
- Store in airtight container.