Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe is made with whole wheat flour, no sugar, no eggs and no baking powder/soda. And it is all ooey gooey deliciousness. The trick? Bananas and maple syrup. And of course chocolate. What are cookies without chocolate? Nothing should be that healthy.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1⁄2 cup white flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup nestle semisweet chocolate morsel
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup coconut oil
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup ground oatmeal
- 2 bananas
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- Mash it all together. I throw it in my Kitchen Aid, works great.
- Make tablespoon sized droplets on cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. Don't over cook. You just want them to lightly brown on the bottom, the top will look pretty much the same.
I used pancake syrup (not as healthy) rather than the maple syrup called for in the recipe. The cookies are probably healthy but it seemed that the banana and peanut flavor overcame the oatmeal taste which wasn't appealing.
Over all.......Great! Deliciousness!