Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Gnocchi are small potatoe based dumplings. They can be served with sauce or mixed with veggies. Use your imagination, i've even added them to my soups and ghoulash! A Friend of mine gave me this recipe (yes she too is diabetic) it's healthier and diabetic friendly. Prep and cook time are combined
- Scrub your potatoe but do not peel them place them to boil in lightly salted water until tender about 25 - 30 minutes (they need to be fork tender when pierced). Cool slightly and peel.
- Mash the potatoes (by hand not the processor or you'll have runny caulk).
- Stir in the egg substitute and flour. Knead to form a soft dough. If too sticky add a bit more flour.
- Coat both hands with flour and divide dough into 4 pieces and roll each into a log about 1 1/2 inch thick. cut the dough into 1/2 inch slices. Roll the pieces of dough with the teeth of a floured fork to score and shape.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a slow boil. Drop the gnocchi into the water, a few at a time. They are done when they rise to the top. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain. Continue until all gnocchi are cooked.