Recipe by carrie sheridan
the recipe on the Quaker Oats box with 1/2 less sugar and using EVOO instead of butter (no one will ever know until you tell them!) it is quick and easy to just smear the batter into a pan for bar cookies. can reduce oil to 2/3 cup. can soak raisins in bourbon for a more sophisticated taste. can substitute ground walnuts for 1/2 of flour base!
- 1 cup lakonia extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups Pamelas ultimate baking and pancake mix
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups Quaker Oats, uncooked
- 2⁄3 cup raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Beat together olive oil and sugars.
- Add eggs and vanilla; beat well.
- combine flour, soda, cinnamon and salt. Add to liquid and mix well.
- Stir in oats and raisins and mix well again.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto greased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool 1 minute on cookie sheet and then remove to wire rack.
- Makes 4 dozen.
- for bar cookies: bake 20-30 minutes in ungreased 13x9 inch baking pan (reduce heat to 325 degrees for a glass pan).