As I am lactose intolerant, I am limited to what treats I am allowed, so I decided to make a nice light and fluffy compliment to ginger: Ginger kisses. However, I find that they had all vanished quite quickly, a real pleaser!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 190°C Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- 2In a medium bowl, sift flours, ginger and cinnamon together and set aside.
- 3In a large mixing bowl, beat the 75g of margarine and sugar together until very light. Add beaten egg whites a little at a time and beat well. Beat in Maple syrup. Fold in dry ingredients.
- 4Drop teaspoonfuls of the mixture onto the trays. For larger kisses, drop dessertspoonfuls. Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes, until kisses are slightly spongy but firm to the touch.
- 5Transfer the kisses to a wire rack to cool completely. When cold, join with mock cream.
- 6For the Mock Cream:.
- 7In a small bowl, beat the margarine, icing sugar and 1 T of water until light. If too powdery, add more water, if too runny, add a tad more icing sugar. Flavour with vanilla extract if desired.
Browse Our Top Lactose-Free Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Healthy Ginger Kisses
Serving Size: 1 (573 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 143.7
- Calories from Fat 44
- Total Fat 4.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 169.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 15.3 g
- Protein 1.5 g