Recipe by Veganzilla4000
As I am lactose intolerant, I am limited to what treats I am allowed, so I decided to make a nice light and fluffy compliment to ginger: Ginger kisses. However, I find that they had all vanished quite quickly, a real pleaser!
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1⁄4 cup cornflour
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 75 g margarine (I used lite olivani)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 egg whites, beaten
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 -1 1⁄2 tablespoon margarine
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1 -4 tablespoon hot water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 190°C Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, sift flours, ginger and cinnamon together and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the 75g of margarine and sugar together until very light. Add beaten egg whites a little at a time and beat well. Beat in Maple syrup. Fold in dry ingredients.
- Drop teaspoonfuls of the mixture onto the trays. For larger kisses, drop dessertspoonfuls. Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes, until kisses are slightly spongy but firm to the touch.
- Transfer the kisses to a wire rack to cool completely. When cold, join with mock cream.
- For the Mock Cream:.
- In a small bowl, beat the margarine, icing sugar and 1 T of water until light. If too powdery, add more water, if too runny, add a tad more icing sugar. Flavour with vanilla extract if desired.