Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are great for breakfast, snacks, or you can top them with cream cheese frosting for a great Dessert. They're really good for you too!
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon clove
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 cup sugar substitute (I use Splenda)
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄3 cup soymilk (I use Silk)
- 3 cups shredded carrots, packed or 1 (16 ounce) bag baby carrots, finely chopped in food processor
- 1 1⁄4 cups old fashioned oats
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, nutmeg. Add ground flaxseed. Set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, beat egg whites until foamy. Add Splenda, molasses, soymik, and applesauce until smooth.
- Stir in carrots.
- Gradually add flour mixture to carrot mixture.
- Stir in oats.
- Fill muffin cups 2/3 full.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.