Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
Now you can enjoy a wonderful stir fry without all those calories You reduce the oil in stir fry by using non sticking spray. Add the vegetables you prefer.Hope you enjoy this.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons soya sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- nonstick spray coating
- 3 large carrots, bias sliced
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups snow peas
- 3 green onions
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- Cut chicken in 1-inch cubes; set aside.
- In a small bowl combine sherry, soya sauce, cornstarch and water; set aside.
- Spray skillet or wok with nonstick spray.
- Heat over high heat; add carrots and garlic. Stir fry 3 minutes.
- Add peas and onions. Stir fry 2 minutes until vegetables are crisp tender.Remove from skillet.
- Add oil to pan and add 1/2 the chicken;stir-fry 2 minutes;remove from pan.
- Stir fry remaining chicken about 3 minutes; return all chicken to skillet.
- Push chicken from center of wok; stir in cornstarch mixture.
- Cook until mixture is thickened and bubbly; stir fry 1 minute.
- Stir in vegetables.
- Cover and cook another minute.
- Serve with rice or angel hair pasta.
This was great!!!! I had to cut back on the soy because I usually buy the lite soy and I accidentally bought the regular, so for me that is too much sodium. I just used 2 TBS., and increased the water by 1 TBS. I used carrots, peas, green onions and added waterchestnuts. I had to resist the urge to put red pepper flakes in this, because, I LOVE red pepper flakes in stir fry. I will next time I make this. Thanks Sage for posting such a great and versatile recipe.
MMMM garlic! Used 12 oz chicken breast, and skipped the sherry. My vegetables were broccoli, carrots, red bell pepper, baby corn, and water chestnuts. Thanks, yum and versatile!