Prep 30 mins
Cook 12 mins
Add whatever fruit (fresh or dried) you like to this healthy recipe. Uses honey & molasses to sweeten, and whole wheat flour.
- 1 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄3 cup molasses
- 4 egg whites
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup cornmeal or 1⁄2 cup natural bran
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2⁄3 cup dried fruit, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup nuts
- Pre-heat oven to 350.
- Grease muffin pan or use paper muffin cups.
- Beat egg whites until almost peaked (air keeps muffins fluffy).
- Mix all wet ingredients into egg whites.
- Mix dry ingredients in separate bowl.
- Mix dry ingredients into wet mixture approx 1/2 cup at a time.
- Mix in fruit and nuts.
- Bake: Mini muffins 12 min, muffins 15 min, bread 20 minute.
- Cool on baking rack.
- Heat 3-4 tablespoons honey to glaze top of muffins.