Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Experiment with blueberries, mandarin juice, cumquats or passionfruit to get different colours. Healthy and lollies is usually an oxymoron, but in this case it isn't!
- 1 packet frozen raspberries
- 1 liter apple juice
- 3 limes, juice of
- 1 cup sugar (or less, it's your choice)
- 1 teaspoon tartaric
- 70 g gelatin (or more if you like hard jellies)
- Line a tray with baking paper.
- Simmer the juices and berries until they are reduced by half, then add the sugar and tartaric acid and boil the mixture for 3 minutes more.
- Add a little of the hot juice to the gelatine and stir till it dissolves, then add the mix to the rest of the juice.
- Stir thoroughly for a few minutes to make sure it doesn't separate, then pour it all into the tray.
- Leave the mixture to set- this will take around 30 minutes.
- Now use a knife or kitchen scissors to cut the jelly into squares, diamonds, or snakes.
- Or use cookie cutters to cut out fat jelly babies, jelly bunnies, stars or circles.
- Store the jellies between baking paper in a sealed container in a dry, cool place for a day or two, but not too long- remember, they don't have any preservatives in them.
- Throw them out if they start growing mould or look or smell odd, or start dissolving into mush.