Recipe by Missy Wombat
Experiment with blueberries, mandarin juice, cumquats or passionfruit to get different colours. Healthy and lollies is usually an oxymoron, but in this case it isn't!
- 1 packet frozen raspberries
- 1 liter apple juice
- 3 limes, juice of
- 1 cup sugar (or less, it's your choice)
- 1 teaspoon tartaric
- 70 g gelatin (or more if you like hard jellies)
Directions See How It's Made
- Line a tray with baking paper.
- Simmer the juices and berries until they are reduced by half, then add the sugar and tartaric acid and boil the mixture for 3 minutes more.
- Add a little of the hot juice to the gelatine and stir till it dissolves, then add the mix to the rest of the juice.
- Stir thoroughly for a few minutes to make sure it doesn't separate, then pour it all into the tray.
- Leave the mixture to set- this will take around 30 minutes.
- Now use a knife or kitchen scissors to cut the jelly into squares, diamonds, or snakes.
- Or use cookie cutters to cut out fat jelly babies, jelly bunnies, stars or circles.
- Store the jellies between baking paper in a sealed container in a dry, cool place for a day or two, but not too long- remember, they don't have any preservatives in them.
- Throw them out if they start growing mould or look or smell odd, or start dissolving into mush.