Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I just threw this together and am eating as I type this. I hope the nutritional breakdown doesn't make a liar out of my title.
- 6 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup skim milk
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup frozen chopped spinach
- 4 ounces turkey breast, chopped
- 2 tablespoons rosemary oil
- 1⁄2 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, fresh grated
- turn on broiler in your oven and set oven rack to second from top slot.
- heat a 12 inch cast iron skillet over a medium heat.
- while pan is heating, mix eggs, milk and slat together. whisk well. more you whisk, fluffier it will be.
- add 1 tablespoon of the oil to pan and heat, when heated add chopped shallots and cook until soft and brown.
- add chopped spinach and turkey, stir well to break up spinach and heat turkey through.
- remove meat mix from pan and give it a little whip down with a paper towel.
- put pan back on the heat and add other tablespoon of oil.
- when oil is heated, make sure pan is coated well, then add egg mixture.
- add meat mixture and stir to distribute evenly.
- add cheese on top to cover, and cook on the burner for 5 min with out touching.
- Place under broiler for 5 minute.
- pull out of oven and let rest for another 5 minute.
- flip pan onto a plate, cut a serve.
Oh my goodness this was good! I wish there was a better way to broil it without having to put my skillet under the broiler, but it was only for 5 minutes so I risked it... The handle didn't melt and the result was heavenly. The flavor was perfect and I will make it again for sure, thanks!