Prep 15 mins
Cook 7 mins
Ooooh, so yummy and good for you! From Prevention magazine.
Make and share this Healthy Fresh Fruit Tart recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups nonfat cottage cheese
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 cups nonfat yogurt, to make 1 1/2 cups cheese (see note)
- 4 sheets phyllo dough
- 1 star fruit, thinly sliced (you could substitute pineapple, kiwi, or other fruit)
- 1 mango, peeled and cut into thin wedges
- 1 papaya, peeled and cut into thin wedges (you could substitute other fresh fruit in season)
- 2 tablespoons all fruit apricot preserves (or other fruit)
- Note: To make the yogurt cheese, spoon about 4 cups nonfat yogurt into a sieve lined with a triple thickness of cheesecloth.
- Place over a bowl, cover, and refrigerate for 4 hours, or until very thick.
- In a food processor, puree the cottage cheese, honey and vanilla for about 3 minutes, or until smooth.
- Transfer to a medium bowl.
- Fold in the yogurt cheese.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- To keep the dough from drying as you work, unroll it onto a counter and cover with a barely damp towel.
- Drape 1 sheet of the phyllo dough aacross a 9 or 10 inch pie plate.
- Press it into the plate; fold the edges roughly toward the center, crumpling them slightly to fit.
- Coat the top with no-stick spray.
- Repeat with the remaining 3 sheets, spraying each.
- Bake at 375*F.
- for 5 to 7 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Let cool.
- Carefully fill the crust with the yogurt mixture, smoothing the surface with a rubber spatula.
- Arrange the star fruit, mangoes and papaya on the surface.
- Melt the preserves in a smanll saucepan.
- Brush over the fruits to glaze them.
This was my first time trying phyllo & yogurt cheese so I'm not sure how to rate because I don't know if I messed up! The taste was excellent but mine was INCREDIBLY runny. I'm guessing it was my fault at making the yogurt cheese. Nice flavor though. I used strawberries, mango, and kiwi.
Delicious after a spicy meal with leftovers for breakfast! I used the fruits listed but think I may try this with different tropical fruits or with bananas, strawberries and kiwi next time. Thanks for sharing!