1/2 Photos of Healthy Fresh Cranberry Orange Coconut Muffins
I’m a sucker for all things coconut and now that we have healthier options for incorporating it I like to modify existing recipes. This is a healthier version of a classic Cranberry Orange muffin. I’ve eaten 2 just now and had to make myself stop. Original version of this I was inspired from is Cranberry Orange Muffins on this site.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup fresh cranberries, chopped
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
- 1 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup oat bran
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/3 cup coconut butter, melted
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup pepitas (raw hulled pumpkin seeds)
- turbinado sugar, for sprinkling on top before baking
- 1NOTE: If not using coconut flour then you can probably use ½ cup of OJ. Coconut flour requires more liquid.
- 2Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- 3Line muffin tins with paper cups. – I love the new parchment ones they have in grocery stores now.
- 4In a bowl, stir together cranberries & regular sugar.
- 5In a large bowl sift together flours, oat bran, coconut flakes, baking powder, salt and brown sugar.
- 6Whisk eggs, OJ, and melted butter and then add to dry ingredients all at once and stir until moistened.
- 7Fold in sugared cranberries.
- 8Scoop into prepared muffins liners evenly .
- 9Sprinkle desired amount of Turbinado sugar on top of each.
- 10Bake at 400F for 20 minutes or until lightly brown and toothpick comes out cleanly.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Healthy Fresh Cranberry Orange Coconut Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (49 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 115.8
- Calories from Fat 34
- Total Fat 3.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 23.2 mg
- Sodium 133.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 7.9 g
- Protein 3.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: