Recipe by Nasseh
This is a healthier version of french toast. (If using plain almond milk add 1/4 tsp of vanilla.)
- 1⁄3 cup vanilla almond milk
- 2 egg whites
- 4 slices whole wheat bread
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- sugar-free syrup or molasses, to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl whisk together the egg whites, vanilla, & milk.
- Dip bread slices into batter and coat on both sides. Sprinkle cinnamon over the bread.
- Melt a little butter in a heated skillet. Place 2 slices in the skillet at a time.
- Flip once the under side has started to turn golden. Continue to cook until the other side is also golden.