Recipe by Aimee88
I started with Pancakes #78893 (Shari2) and adjusted for my needs. These pancakes have protein, no white flour and taste good! I use half wholewheat and half oat flour. The sugar can be adjusted, depending on what you plan to put on the pancakes. With 3t fruit sugar, I can eat them as they are, or with bananas or unsweetened applesauce. They do brown easily! Be sure not to use medium heat on the stove and give them time to cook through.
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds
- 3 tablespoons warm water
- 1 cup whole wheat flour (whole wheat and oat)
- 24 g vanilla whey protein powder
- 1⁄2 tablespoon baking powder
- 3 -6 teaspoons sugar
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1⁄4 cup plain fat-free yogurt or 1⁄4 cup fromage frais
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the flax and warm water. (This is an egg substitute.) Allow to stand for up to 10 minutes, until thickened.
- Mix the flour, protein powder, baking powder and sugar.
- Add the egg substitute (flax and water), milk and fromage frais or yogurt.
- Stir until well mixed.
- Cook as pancakes in a frying pan at medium heat, allowing a few minutes on each side.