Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A Katie Stewart recipe.
- 225 g runny honey
- 225 g butter
- 350 g rolled oats
- 50 g chopped almonds
- 50 g sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 75 g stoned chopped dates
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F/gas 4.
- Grease a 30 x 25cm (12in x 9in)baking tin.
- Melt the honey with the butter.
- Pour this over the rolled oats, almonds and sunflower seeds, sesame seeds and dates.
- Mix well and spoon into the baking tin. Bake for 2- 25 minutes until golden brown.
Got no idea of what stone chopped dates are, so chopped some Medjool dates for this recipe & took it to a potluck as one of my 'unsual' usual contributions ~ It was a big hit, & your recipe is a definite keeper! [Tagged, made & reviewed as part of my Have a Date theme in My-3-Chefs]
I am a Chef/Manager in a Staff Restaurant Catering for 400 people on site I make about 50 portions a day for the Sandwich trollies that go around the site, They love them, I think they are really tasty and it is good that they are "Healthier" !!! because of the natural sugar from the Honey. I source Honey locally from a Chap who keeps Beehives it's great to have Organic honey as well nicer taste in the Flapjakes. Thanks Sherrie