Recipe by crispychick
I think I got this recipe from Cooking Light and have made it several times for customers of mine who are watching their weight. They loved it and always requested it again.
Top Review by Gidget265
We really enjoyed this recipe. I'll definitely make it again - it is quite "healthy" as the title suggests. The only caution I have is regarding the cinnamon. It was a bit off putting for me - when I make these next, I'll probably substitute something else for the cinnamon. BTW - my husband enjoyed that flavoring - so it is definitely a very personal thing....
- 1 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 canned chipotle chiles in adobo, seeded and minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 lb tilapia fillet
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 4 fat free tortillas, wrapped in foil and heated in oven
- roasted corn (optional)
- chopped tomato (optional)
- chopped scallion (optional)
- black beans (optional)
- lime wedge (optional)
- cilantro (optional)
- jalapeno (optional)
- shredded lettuce or cabbage (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the first three ingredients to make a sauce and set aside in a bowl.
- In a skillet, saute for 5 minutes the next 8 ingredients (butter through cilantro) Add the fish, cover and cook 3 minutes or until opaque.
- Remove from heat and stir in lime juice and zest.
- Have any additional condiments in seperate bowls and let each person"build" their own tacos.