1/1 Photo of Healthy Fish Sandwiches (Ww)
We loved these fish sandwiches served with Onion and Orange Salad with sugar-free jello w/fruit for dessert -- it's probably a 10/11 pt supper but felt like we were eating a great weeknight supper -- without DIET written all over it! The original recipe (from WW.com) suggests flounder for the fish - I used Tilapia with excellent results on whole wheat hamburger buns. The original recipe also adds 1 tsp thyme to the cornmeal mix - I didn't use any - but it may be better with the added thyme.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup cornmeal (we used yellow cornmeal)
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb fish fillet (see note above, I used tilapia)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 egg white, whipped until stiff
- cooking spray (Pam)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 teaspoons tartar sauce (I used light mayo)
- 4 light hamburger buns or 4 whole wheat hamburger buns
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- 1 tomato, cut into 8 slices (optional)
- 1In a pie pan (or bowl) combine cornmeal, Parmesan, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- 2In a second pie pan place egg white.
- 3Spread fish with mustard.
- 4Dip fish in egg white and then in cornmeal mixture. Place on a plate.
- 5Place large skillet over medium heat and spray with Pam and heat oil until hot.
- 6Add fish to skillet and cook 2-5 minutes per side, depending on thickness of fish.
- 7I warmed my rolls up before using.
- 8Place 1 teaspoon tartar sauce or mayo on bottom half of each roll, top with fish and squeeze lemon juice over fish and top with lettuce and 2 tomato slices.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Healthy Fish Sandwiches (Ww)
Serving Size: 1 (185 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 198.9
- Calories from Fat 50
- Total Fat 5.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 64.5 mg
- Sodium 476.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 28.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
light hamburger buns