We loved these fish sandwiches served with Onion and Orange Salad with sugar-free jello w/fruit for dessert -- it's probably a 10/11 pt supper but felt like we were eating a great weeknight supper -- without DIET written all over it! The original recipe (from WW.com) suggests flounder for the fish - I used Tilapia with excellent results on whole wheat hamburger buns. The original recipe also adds 1 tsp thyme to the cornmeal mix - I didn't use any - but it may be better with the added thyme.
- 1⁄4 cup cornmeal (we used yellow cornmeal)
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb fish fillet (see note above, I used tilapia)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 egg white, whipped until stiff
- cooking spray (Pam)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 teaspoons tartar sauce (I used light mayo)
- 4 light hamburger buns or 4 whole wheat hamburger buns
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- 1 tomato, cut into 8 slices (optional)
- In a pie pan (or bowl) combine cornmeal, Parmesan, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a second pie pan place egg white.
- Spread fish with mustard.
- Dip fish in egg white and then in cornmeal mixture. Place on a plate.
- Place large skillet over medium heat and spray with Pam and heat oil until hot.
- Add fish to skillet and cook 2-5 minutes per side, depending on thickness of fish.
- I warmed my rolls up before using.
- Place 1 teaspoon tartar sauce or mayo on bottom half of each roll, top with fish and squeeze lemon juice over fish and top with lettuce and 2 tomato slices.