Recipe by AZRoxy63
This is great! it's low fat and low cal with lots of veggies and tons of flavor. my whole family loves it! and so does my diet!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground turkey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cups red bell peppers, chopped
- 1 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 16 ounces tomato sauce
- 30 ounces canned stewed tomatoes, diced
- 1 (8 ounce) envelope taco seasoning
- 16 ounces whole wheat spaghetti, uncooked
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free cheddar cheese
- 1 cup water
- 12 ounces canned diced green chiles
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 16 ounces frozen corn, thawed
- 16 ounces canned black beans, rinsed and drained
Directions See How It's Made
- cook meat in skillet until lightly browned; drain and set aside.
- put EVOO in skillet and heat up; add garlic, both bell peppers, and the onion; cook until tender.
- In a large pot combine meat, cooked veggies, and all other ingredients (other than the pasta!) stir together well and heat thoroughly.
- Cook pasta according to package directions and drain.
- When pasta is cooked and mixture is heated, combine the two and stir together well for a great 1 bowl meal!