MA HIKER's Note:
From the folks at Stonyfield Farms yogurt in NH (the best yogurt in the US!) - a healthy version of a rich pasta dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook pasta al dente in salted water for 4 - 5 minutes, then drain.
- 2Cook olive oil and garlic in a large skillet at medium heat for about 1 minute.
- 3Add pasta and 1/2 cup cheese and toss well.
- 4Add milk, stir and raise to medium high heat for about 2 minutes.
- 5To prevent curdling, mix yogurt with 1/2 cup of pasta in a separate bowl.
- 6Return mixture to skillet and mix well.
- 7Turn off heat and sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup of cheese and pepper.
- 8Cover and allow pasta to absorb all the liquid for 12 to 15 minutes then serve.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Healthy Fettuccine Alfredo
Serving Size: 1 (133 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 244.6
- Calories from Fat 74
- Total Fat 8.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 18.2 mg
- Sodium 792.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 12.1 g