Recipe by MA HIKER
From the folks at Stonyfield Farms yogurt in NH (the best yogurt in the US!) - a healthy version of a rich pasta dish.
Top Review by threeovens
Very good recipe. I was looking for a healthier version made with milk rather than cream. I made it as written except I used penne instead of fettucine and added just a teeny bit of butter (okay, 1 tablespoon) which smoothed the texture a bit and I did miss the fat. DH sprinkled his with a pinch of red pepper flakes. He liked it and he can be picky. I even told him there was yogurt in it and he said, "Good!"
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 lb whole grain fettuccine (or angel hair)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 3⁄4 cup parmigiano-reggiano cheese, grated
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta al dente in salted water for 4 - 5 minutes, then drain.
- Cook olive oil and garlic in a large skillet at medium heat for about 1 minute.
- Add pasta and 1/2 cup cheese and toss well.
- Add milk, stir and raise to medium high heat for about 2 minutes.
- To prevent curdling, mix yogurt with 1/2 cup of pasta in a separate bowl.
- Return mixture to skillet and mix well.
- Turn off heat and sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup of cheese and pepper.
- Cover and allow pasta to absorb all the liquid for 12 to 15 minutes then serve.