Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
it's healthy and yummo donated by weight watchers :)
- 1⁄2 lb whole wheat fettuccine
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 lb asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1⁄2 teaspoon table salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch, mixed with 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, fresh, chopped
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and keep hot.
- Meanwhile, place butter and oil in a large skillet; melt over medium heat. Add asparagus, sprinkle with salt and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until asparagus begins to brown, about 6 minutes; remove from skillet and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together egg and half and half; add to skillet used to cook asparagus. Place skillet over medium heat; add cornstarch mixture and cook, stirring constantly, until thickened. Remove skillet from heat. Add pasta, asparagus and remaining ingredients to skillet; stir to combine and serve immediately. Yields about 1 1/2 cups per serving.