Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe was adapted from Weight watchers. Its quick and the broiled eggplant adds a depth of flavor. You can use any type of spaghetti sauce - from low calorie to high end. You decide the complexity. The feta may sound strange but the saltiness really adds more flavor than you would expect! Plus, its an easy way to get your serving of veggies. I would serve with a spinach salad.
- 2 eggplants
- 4 cups spaghetti sauce (One jar)
- 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 8 cups cooked pasta (penne, rotini, etc)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt
- Wash eggplant, cut into 1/4-1/2 inch thick slices (keep skin on). Brush both sides of each slice with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. place into broiler for 7 minutes or until golden brown. Flip over all slices and broil agian.
- In the mean time cook pasta and heat sauce.
- When both sides of the eggplant slices are light brown, cool for a few minutes and cut into chunks.
- Drain pasta.
- Mix together pasta, sauce, eggplant, feta.
- Note: Cooked chicken could be added for protein.