Recipe by sunana1
Because it doesn't use mayo, this is a lighter and healthier version of the standard egg salad sandwich, and the mustard and scallion give it a little kick.
Top Review by Derf
Very nice standard egg salad sammie. I did add a little no fat mayo with the dejon mustard, but didn't toast the bread. We enjoyed it and will make this recipe again, I'll try it with toasted bread next time. Thanks for posting.
- 2 hard-boiled eggs
- 2 chopped scallions (white and green parts)
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 pieces lettuce (I prefer romaine)
- 4 slices whole grain bread, toasted
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- With the back of a fork, mash egg yolk with mustard to make a thick paste.
- Stir in chopped scallions and chopped egg white. Mix in salt and pepper as desired.
- Divide mixture on top of 2 slices of bread.
- Top with lettuce leaves, and cover with remaining slices of bread. Makes 2 sandwiches.