Recipe by Phil the Thrill
This is a great way to use up some leftovers in the house, and a great way to get all the flavor of pizza without all the fat!
- 2 slices whole wheat bread
- 2 ounces Canadian bacon
- 1⁄4 cup canned tomato sauce, divided (preferably with herbs and garlic)
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- oregano (optional)
- garlic powder (optional)
- onion powder (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat broiler on toaster oven or conventional oven.
- Toast the 2 slices of bread in the toaster.
- Fry Canadian bacon in pan with vegetable oil spray until lightly browned on each side.
- Assemble the pizzas as follows: place 2 tablespoons each of the tomato sauce on each slice of bread. Divide the parmesan cheese evenly between both slices of bread. Top with fried Canadian bacon. Sprinkle with oregano, garlic powder, and onion powder if desired.
- Broil for 2-3 minutes, or until the "pizzas" are done. For a more conventional look, cut the pizzas with a biscuit cutter or pancake ring to make a circular shape, or use a knife.