Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I love granola! I love to eat & make it. It is so flexible and you can substitute any of the ingredients. And..it makes the whole house smell delicious while it's in the oven!
- 3 cups of dry oatmeal
- 1⁄2 cup wheat germ
- 1⁄4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1⁄4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1⁄2 cup raw sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2-1 cup dried fruit (raisins, cranberries, cherries, apricots, plums etc)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together oatmeal, wheat germ, seeds and almonds in a large bowl.
- Mix together oil, honey, extract, cinnamon and nutmeg in a small bowl.
- Microwave honey mixture for 10 seconds.
- Pour over oatmeal and mix well.
- Spray large cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- Spread granola evenly on sheet.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes, mixing every 8 minutes or so.
- Remove from oven and mix in dried fruit, let cool.
- Enjoy and feel free to substitute any of the seeds, nuts and dried fruit.
- Store for 1 week in an airtight container.
My kids loved this recipe. I left out the almonds because kids do not care for them. Made for Spring PAC.