Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Sweet fig jam and cream on whole wheat. Fat free! All natural (no preservatives, white sugar/flour, butter, margarine, etc)
- 10 slices whole wheat bread (homemade)
- 10 figs
- 10 dates
- 1⁄4 cup evaporated cane juice
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- Strain yogurt in colander overnight. Add honey to yogurt solid and mix thoroughly.
- Fig Jam.
- Boil figs, dates, evaporated cane juice and a little water for about 20 minutes until mixture is thick and soft. Crush fruit and stir. Cool.
- Spread one slice of bread with jam and another with cream. Put together and cut diagonally. Enjoy.