Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
My mom has made this spaghetti for over 30 years and it is a family favorite! She makes it with ground chuck, but is also great with ground turkey breast.
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 dried bay leaves
- 5 -6 bulbs of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 (10 ounce) cans mushrooms, drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (26 ounce) jar Ragu tomato sauce (traditional pasta sauce flavor)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes (basil, garlic & oregano flavor)
- 1 onion, chopped (1 1/4 cup)
- 1 green pepper (1 cup)
- 1 1⁄2-2 lbs ground turkey breast
- Brown ground turkey (or chuck)with onion and pepper-add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add all ingredients and cook 1 hour, or as long as desired -- the longer, the better.
- I serve with Angel Hair Pasta (regular or wheat)low fat shredded cheddar cheese or canned parmesan cheese (if desired.).
- ***I also add a pinch of oregano, thyme, a little salt and sometimes a dash of sugar to taste. This recipe can also be done in the crockpot set on low all day. Just like any other Italian dish, the longer it cooks, the better the flavor. This sauce freezes great!