Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
MMM... egg. MMM... salad. VERY simple ingredients and deliciousily easy to make. It'll only take a minute but will stay with your stomach for hours... quenching bad snacking habits. The carmelized onions and balsamic vingrette makes this dish extremely yum. The French pairs the balsamic, egg, and onion in this dish in a way that is almost magical as they embrace each other in your mouth. (okay... maybe a little too descriptive) The dish is so very colorful and cuisine. Its a go for any appetizer or main meal. Reduce the eggs and lettuce by a fourth if simply for one person. Also reduce the bell pepper by one. I promise you, I could eat this everyday and not grow tired of it. E N J O Y !!!!
- 4 eggs
- 2 heads lettuce (a bag of precut will do just as fine)
- 1 onion
- 2 red bell peppers (any color will due, this just gives it pzazz)
- basil (optional)
- salt and pepper
- balsamic vinegar
- olive oil
- French dressing
- Cut the lettuce to any desired size and place in freezer (this makes a great contrast with the warm 'acessories').
- Warm a pan on the low to medium heat and fill with >tbsp of olive oil.
- Cut up the onion into fairly small-medium sized pieces and place in the pan.
- Cut up Bell pepper and set to the side.
- Warm another pan on medium to high heat. Spray with nonstick spray.
- Crack eggs and fold them together (dont mix all the way or else you'll lose the color contrast) Add salt and pepper as desired.
- Add bell pepper to onion which should now be a golden color. Cover the pan.
- Pour eggs in to the hot pan with spatula on the ready. (cooking egg fast like this allows it to bubble up instead of deflate over time) Scramble them until finished.
- Once done, add eggs to the onion and pepper pan. Add about 2 tbsp.s of balsamic vingrette.
- Let the egg soak in the vingrette while you prepare the cold salad on the plates.
- Pour the egg, onion, and pepper concoction over the salad.
- Serve with French dressing.