Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
This a healthy muffin that can take different kinds of variations according to the preferred taste.
Make and share this Healthy & Delicious Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup white flour or 1⁄2 cup brown flour
- 1⁄2 cup cornflour
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup oats
- 2 teaspoons natural bran
- 1 cup yoghurt
- orange zest
- 1⁄4 cup sunflower oil
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs or 2 egg whites
- 1⁄4 cup raisins or 1⁄4 cup dried fruits
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Mix the yoghurt & the oats & set aside.
- Mix the dry ingredients.
- Beat the oil, sugar & honey for 2 minutes.
- Add eggs one by one while beating.
- Add the yoghurt & oats while beating .
- Add the dry ingredients & beat until well mixed together.
- Add the raisins & the orange zest lastly & mix by spoon for one minute in one direction.
- Fill cups 2/3 full.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 1 minute before removing from pan. Serve warm or cold with coffee.
- Bon appetite.
I like this recipe because it's very adaptable. I'm making it this evening, not as muffins but as a sort of breakfast cake for tomorrow morning, because it helps me to use up some ingredients (like the little bowl of egg whites in my fridge). I'm a purist about using butter for baking, so I'm afraid I made this less than healthy by using the same quantity of butter in place of the sunflower oil. I'm also using brown sugar instead of white, and a mix of dried cranberries and dried raisins. I see that I forgot about the orange zest, but I added extra vanilla--never hurts! NOTE: It would help if Hearty Chef would specify the oven temperature. I'm currently working with a 400 degree F oven sort of by default, because that's the temp I'll be using for the two loaves of rye bread that I'm going to pop into the oven afterwards.