Prep 3 mins
Cook 0 mins
Quick and nutritious breakfast or snack. Note: omit salt or replace with sugar if watching sodium intake.
- 1 whole wheat English muffin
- 1⁄4 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 1 small apple, diced
- 2 tablespoons dates, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Toast english muffin, and place muffin halves face-up in a bowl. Spoon cold yogurt on top of muffin halves.
- Meanwhile, chop apple, and put chopped apple and dates in a microwave-safe container. Cover with water, sprinkle with salt, and microwave on high for 1 minute. Stir, and microwave for 1 more minute. Remove from heat.
- Pour microwaved contents over yogurt and muffins. Let sit for 1-2 minutes, and dig in with a fork or spoon!
- Optional--can use flavored yogurts, and/or top with fresh berries or honey, etc.
This was a good quick recipe. I made it for a late night snack. The only thing I think it was missing was some crunch for texture. I also added some pumpkin pie spice to jazz it up a bit. It is a dish I would make again. Made for Fall PAC 2011
Delicious quick and easy breakfast - and healthy too! I used fat free, no sugar vanilla yogurt. The apple/date flavor was great and I loved that no added sugar was needed. I also think this would be good with apples or pears and dried cranberries. Thanks for posting this recipe! Made for Spring PAC 2009