1/4 Photos of Healthy & Delicious Banana Loaf
This is probably the best banana loaf you'll ever taste! It's nice and moist, and flavorful too! And for all you nutrition ninjas like me out there, it's super healthy :) Hope you enjoy! PS I use ground rolled oats here because one day I ran out of flour, so I improvised, and it turned out great! ALSO: I have a VERY old oven, so for some reason the food cooks quicker, so I'd keep an eye on the loaf once you reach the 40 minute mark. AND raisins are totally optional. I use organic because conventional ones are sprayed with tons of nasty chemicals.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup whole wheat flour (or a mix of whole wheat and white)
- 1/2 cup ground rolled oats
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup ground flax seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (or more)
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon clove
- 1 small pinch salt
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Mix dry ingredients.
- 3Mash bananas with a potato masher (if you have a fancier or better tool, go for it).
- 4Mix with wet ingredients. (not raisins).
- 5Mix wet ingredients into dry ingredients.
- 6Fold in raisins. Try not to mix too much.
- 7Pour into a 8x5 or 8x4 or 8x3 pan. Whatever you have on hand.
- 8Cook about 45 minutes. I think it's closer to 1 hour, but my oven is really old and doesn't cook normally.
- 9*Once the top is set, I usually mix about 1 tbsp honey, 2 tbsp brown sugar and cinnamon and glaze the top. You can sprinkle some oats on there too!
- 10Hope it turns out good for you!
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Healthy & Delicious Banana Loaf
Serving Size: 1 (62 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 164.2
- Calories from Fat 21
- Total Fat 2.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 18.6 mg
- Sodium 190.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 18.1 g
- Protein 3.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: