Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a rich reduced fat recipe for my favorite dark chocolate pudding. Enjoy!
- 198.44 g dark chocolate
- 591.47 ml nonfat milk
- 118.29 ml half-and-half
- 44.37 ml Splenda Sugar Blend for Baking
- 59.14 ml cocoa
- 1.23 ml salt
- 59.14 ml cornstarch
- 4.92 ml instant espresso (mix with milk)
- 29.58 ml butter
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- Chop the chocolate into small pieces.
- Combine chocolate, 2 cups milk, cream, sugar/splenda, instant espresso granules, cocoa, and salt in a large saucepan.
- Stir vigourously using a whisk over medium heat and it is smooth and thick.
- Stir the remailning milk and cornstarch together and whisk into the chocolate mixture.
- Simmer for a minute whisking and scraping down the sides with a spatula until thick.
- Add the butter and vanilla and cook one more minute.
- Take it off the heat and chill in the fridge for a minimum of 3 hours until set firm.
- Use plastic wrap pressed onto surface of the pudding to avoid forming a skin.