Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a rich reduced fat recipe for my favorite dark chocolate pudding. Enjoy!
- 7 ounces dark chocolate
- 2 1⁄2 cups nonfat milk
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 3 tablespoons Splenda Sugar Blend for Baking
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso (mix with milk)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Chop the chocolate into small pieces.
- Combine chocolate, 2 cups milk, cream, sugar/splenda, instant espresso granules, cocoa, and salt in a large saucepan.
- Stir vigourously using a whisk over medium heat and it is smooth and thick.
- Stir the remailning milk and cornstarch together and whisk into the chocolate mixture.
- Simmer for a minute whisking and scraping down the sides with a spatula until thick.
- Add the butter and vanilla and cook one more minute.
- Take it off the heat and chill in the fridge for a minimum of 3 hours until set firm.
- Use plastic wrap pressed onto surface of the pudding to avoid forming a skin.