A wholesome and healthy recipe that does not need butter, oil or eggs! The coffee-soaked dates are a bonus! The dates and apples make this loaf moist, while the nuts add a little crunch at the same time. I like it so much because its moist, delicious and is low fat! I couldn't stop at 1 slice! If you don't like the idea of coffee-flavoured dates, you can soak the dates in 1 cup of hot water with 1 tablespoon of maple syrup. Please try this healthy recipe, enjoy! :)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, combine Ingredients A and soak for 15 minutes.
- In another bowl, combine Ingredients B and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, sieve flour and baking soda. Ensure baking soda is not lumpy. Add in soft brown sugar. Mix well and put aside.
- Add Ingredients B to Ingredients A. Mix well.
- Then add Ingredients C and mix well.
- Pour batter into the prepared loaf pan. Bake in preheated oven for 50 - 55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean. Let the loaf cool in the tin for at least 5 minutes, then turn out onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
Love this recipe. Rare do I find a healthy but flavorful cake or bread recipe. This is truly wonderful. All my loved ones are raving about it. They want me to make it again for Christmas. Sure, why not! It's so easy to make I might also twitch it a bit and make it similar to a fruit cake. I'll let you know how it turns out. Thanks, Lovebaking.
This is a moist and hearty bread. The recipe is very well written. The only change I made was to use pecans instead of walnuts. Made for *Comfort Cafe*