A wholesome and healthy recipe that does not need butter, oil or eggs! The coffee-soaked dates are a bonus! The dates and apples make this loaf moist, while the nuts add a little crunch at the same time. I like it so much because its moist, delicious and is low fat! I couldn't stop at 1 slice! If you don't like the idea of coffee-flavoured dates, you can soak the dates in 1 cup of hot water with 1 tablespoon of maple syrup. Please try this healthy recipe, enjoy! :)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, combine Ingredients A and soak for 15 minutes.
- In another bowl, combine Ingredients B and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, sieve flour and baking soda. Ensure baking soda is not lumpy. Add in soft brown sugar. Mix well and put aside.
- Add Ingredients B to Ingredients A. Mix well.
- Then add Ingredients C and mix well.
- Pour batter into the prepared loaf pan. Bake in preheated oven for 50 - 55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean. Let the loaf cool in the tin for at least 5 minutes, then turn out onto a cooling rack to cool completely.