1/1 Photo of Healthy Date & Walnut Fruit Loaf (No Butter/Oil/Egg)
1 hr 20 mins
A wholesome and healthy recipe that does not need butter, oil or eggs! The coffee-soaked dates are a bonus! The dates and apples make this loaf moist, while the nuts add a little crunch at the same time. I like it so much because its moist, delicious and is low fat! I couldn't stop at 1 slice! If you don't like the idea of coffee-flavoured dates, you can soak the dates in 1 cup of hot water with 1 tablespoon of maple syrup. Please try this healthy recipe, enjoy! :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup hot coffee
- 1 cup pitted dates (cut into 1cm size)
- 1 1/4 cups walnuts (roughly cut)
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 2 ripened bananas (mashed)
- 1 apple, chopped (without the skin and core)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- 2In a large bowl, combine Ingredients A and soak for 15 minutes.
- 3In another bowl, combine Ingredients B and mix well.
- 4In a separate bowl, sieve flour and baking soda. Ensure baking soda is not lumpy. Add in soft brown sugar. Mix well and put aside.
- 5Add Ingredients B to Ingredients A. Mix well.
- 6Then add Ingredients C and mix well.
- 7Pour batter into the prepared loaf pan. Bake in preheated oven for 50 - 55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean. Let the loaf cool in the tin for at least 5 minutes, then turn out onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Healthy Date & Walnut Fruit Loaf (No Butter/Oil/Egg)
Serving Size: 1 (204 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 447.6
- Calories from Fat 153
- Total Fat 17.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 215.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.0 g
- Sugars 33.1 g
- Protein 8.9 g