This is very similar to already-posted recipes, but with healthier ingredients. I experimented with my favorite no-bake cookie recipe and was delighted to find that there's almost no difference in taste!! I can't keep my hands off these! By the way, the dates I use are whole pitted dates, that I "dice" with a scissors. I'm not sure if the pre-chopped, flour coated version would work.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a medium saucepan, combine syrup, butter, salt, and dates.
- 2Heat to boiling; boil and stir constantly for five minutes.
- 3Remove from heat; gently stir in cereal.
- 4Immediately (you need to work it while warm) begin to roll into 1 1/2 inch balls; butter your hands to prevent sticking.
- 5Roll each ball in coconut and cool on wax paper.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Healthy Date Balls
Serving Size: 1 (42 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 194.9
- Calories from Fat 111
- Total Fat 12.4 g
- Saturated Fat 8.9 g
- Cholesterol 20.3 mg
- Sodium 136.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 13.1 g
- Protein 1.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
brown rice syrup